The HSC is a waste (of paper) I tells you! I’ve accumulated sooo much crap over the course of these last two years I thought I might highlight the fact that many trees probably died to put me through school.
Here! I took some photos and did some really quick stats in a spreadsheet.. data is pretty amazing…
Read on (otherwise the main page gets too long)!!
And the money shots:
Now I did some quick calculations to see just how much paper was used. I assumed that:
- White A4 paper with a weight of 80gsm (this gives each page a weight of 5g)
- White A4 lines paper with a weight of 60gsm (each page a weight of 3.75g)
- 60% A4 blank and 40% A4 lined
- Did not take into account weight of ink
- Average weight of an empty folder is 400g (the folders were mostly of the same brand)
So all up, ~5600 pages! And an area of 352sqm (or an 18mx18m square). And 25kg worth of paper. Not a bad effort for two years?